Travelodge and Pennies – The Electronic Charity Box

KidsOut is one of the 13 UK charities currently in line to benefit from a fantastic new charity fundraising initiative called ‘Pennies’. Calling itself “an electronic charity collection box”, the Pennies initiative asks customers shopping online if they want to round up their total bill at the checkout, making a donation of pennies which are then shared between the charities supported by the scheme.

Travelodge recently signed up to the Pennies scheme; so customers booking a room at any of their 450 hotels across the UK will be asked if they would like to donate a few pennies (making their bill up to the nearest pound) to the charities involved.

In this case, 75% of the funds raised through Pennies will be split equally between Travelodge’s 2 chosen charities, one of which is KidsOut. The remaining 25% is split between the preferred charities of Pennies.

With an estimated rate of more than 1 million debit and credit card transactions taking place every hour in the UK, the potential for pennies to make a huge difference is exciting.

For more information about the scheme go to www.pennies.org.uk.